All about WLC College, WLC College Reviews, WLCI Student reviews

Articles about WLC College and WLC College Reviews collection.Before you take admission read WLCI Student reviews.

WLC Ex Employee seeks petition support

Visit this link to support prachi.varun

http://www.indianvoice.org/harrasment-at-work-place-and-non-payment-petition.html

Harrasment at work place and Non-Payment of Salary, Denial of medical benefits
Created by prachi.varun on January 12, 2010, 6:03 pm in Civil and Human Rights

Hi Sir,
I was employed with WLCI College Bangalore Campus since August 26, 2009. I was performing exceptionally well as the program manager for Life Skills sessions and i was further allocated the HR classes which was not my specialization. I started taking those on the instruction of campus director Mr. Hidayath and was doing preity well during those classes as well.

On December 01, 2009 our Chairman Mr.Vinay came to the campus and despite Mr. Hidayath knowing that i was unwell and was in 3rd month of pregnancy, these two seniors made me stay in office till 7 PM on December 02, 2009 when no other female employee was there. Mr.Vinay started using abusive language with Mr.Hidayath and used very derogatory words which as a women i can't even withstand. He was shouting bad words at Mr.Hidayath and me over his basis for hiring me and allocating me the HR classes. Mr. Vinay then called Ms.Malobika (Noida Office) and shouted at her saying that will you hire any dog to conduct classes of HR. I never heard such a abusive language in whole of my life and the person who is the Chairman of a professional institution using the same for a women is not at all acceptable. He himself said that you resign from your services as there is no provision for taking maternity leave in our organization.

I was ill during that time and got admitted to the St. Philomenus Hospital the very next day, i was under tremendous emotional distress when i came to know that i have some very critical illness and that too when i am pregnant, i called up my Centre Director Mr.Hidayath to inform him about my condition but he dint even cared picking up the call, I sent him a sms as well which he dint replied. I was advised bed rest and no travel. At the day of salary disbursement when I dint received my salary I called up Mr. Hidayath, he said that I should get in touch with Noida office. I mailed to Noida office and they dint even replied to my mails, no one even called me to check the status of my health and despite knowing that I am in Hospital they stopped my salary.

As I was advised complete bed rest with zero movement activities because of critical illness, my Husband Mr.Varun mailed all the higher management persons in Noida to check what is being done to my services and why my salary cheque is stopped, he repeatedly requested them to grant me leaves and release my salary but they dint gave any ear to that. Instead Mr.Nitin (AGM-HR) called up to inform that he apologize for whatever happened but he said Mr.Chairman has asked him to terminate me, when my husband asked for the mail stating the same, they dint even turned back. Mr.Nitin said you are free to take whatever steps you want and they will do a full and final settlement of my dues.


I wrote a complaint then to National Women Commision (Complaint Id : C0503995), then i received a call from Mr.Brahmdutt Sharma that he will be happy to take me back when i will be fit to join and he said that all my dues will be released in next one week, he asked me to return 2 library books for clearance which i did, but after that even he started ignoring my calls and he din't even responding my mail pleas for salary clearance and sanctioning of leave.

Issues:

1. Use of abusive language (Derogatory remarks against women employee).

2. Making me stand in office for more than 12 hours when no other female staff was there in office.

3. Denial of Maternity leaves.

4. Threat of termination if I ask for maternity leaves.

5. Stopping of my November salary when I was hospitalized. (till date no clearance has been done for that)

6. No reason given for not releasing the salary.

7. Telling me that I am terminated without any mail.

8. Despite promising that salary will be released in 1 week, its been over 3 weeks and they are not even sanctioning my leave and releasing my salary.

I want these issues to be raised and addressed in a dignified manner and as an educated and qualified women I want other women to know that still there is lot of discrimination in the society and violation of Article 42 of constitution of India which states that women should be provided just and human work atmosphere and maternity relief.

Please help me getting this complaint addressed with adequate action against Mr.Hidayath & Mr. Brahmdutt Sharma (Centre Director, WLC Bangalore Campus) and Mr.Vinay Parischa(Chairman, WLC Campus), who doesnt even have know how to treat a women with respect.

More details about all me and my husbands email communications with WLC for leave request, salary release and complaints can be made available if required.

Through this board i want to alert everyone who wants to be associated with WLCI, where there is no professionalism and respect for the women employees.